Saturday, January 18, 2014

Hexagon Hive Birthday Card


I made this card for my Mom's birthday this week. The card is made using the Hexagon Hive thinlit die! I love this die!
A tip for you- make sure to use Wax paper in your sandwich to make the pieces pop out easier- place your paper down on your base plate, then a sheet of wax paper, then your thinlit die then your top plate and run though the big-shot.
Otherwise it can be difficult to get the paper out of the die without ripping it.
Use the extra pieces that were cut out and pop them up with dimensionals! I got that idea from my upline Angela McKay- she made a really cool bee-hive card that you can see here.

Sorry for the long break- the holidays are always so busy around our house- we usually have 4 Christmases between hubby's family and mine- then add a boisterous little boy to that and it gets a little crazy! Little Z is almost 18 months old- and he is very active.... I don't get too much sit down craft time anymore!

I promise to have more stuff coming in the near future! Stay tuned to see what I made for my dear Mom for her birthday using MDS 2! (My Digital Studio- Stampin' Up!'s digital scrapbooking software)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I appreciate you stopping by!